Proximity Vibrating Rod Level Sensor Switch Model VRLS
Vibrating rod level switch
Manufacturer: Dwyer Instruments
Typical application: locomotive sanding system tanks
Function: detects sand levels in bulk tanks
Service:Dry powder or bulk materials compatible with wetted materials.
Sensitivity:Min. bulk density of 20 lb/ft3 (320 kg/m3).
Wetted Materials:304 SS.
Temperature Limits:Ambient: -40 to 140°F (-40 to 60°C);
Process: -40 to 176°F (-40 to 80°C).
Pressure Limit:150 psi (10 bar).
Power Requirement:20 to 250 VAC/VDC, 50/60 Hz.
Power Consumption:15 VA.
Electrical Rating:5 A @ 250 VAC.
Electrical Connections:Screw terminals.
Conduit Connection:1/2" female NPT x 2.
Process Connection:1" male NPT.
Indication Lights:Internal: green and red LED.
Sensing Delay:0 to 6 s.
Weight:4.4 lb (2.0 kg).
The Model VRLS Vibrating Rod Level Switch is an economical choice in level detection of powders and bulk solids. The VRLS utilizes a piezoelectric crystal that vibrates the rod at a natural frequency. Once the rod comes in contact with the material, the vibration will be dampened and the switch will change state. Once the rod is uncovered by the material, the switch will revert to its normal state. Perfect for silo or hopper applications, its probe design allows for self-cleaning, ensuring no build-up or bridging of material and accurate detection. Sensitivity is adjustable for detection ranging from large granular material to small powders with low bulk densities. The failsafe mode can be set for failure on high level or failure on low level using a selector switch in the enclosure.
- Probe design allows for self-cleaning, ensuring no build-up or bridging of material and accurate detection
- No mechanical moving parts with no routine maintenance required
- Sensitivity is adjustable for detection ranging from large granular material to small powders with low bulk densities
- The failsafe mode can be set for failure on high level or failure on low level using a selector switch in the enclosure
- Unaffected by the dielectric constant of the sensed material, making it superior to a capacitance level switch for applications where the dielectric constant is too low, where there is more than one material being used in one vessel, and when material moisture content can change
- Ideal for applications where the bulk density is too low for a rotating paddle level switch
Used in CWI dense phase locomotive sanding systems.