898020-601-01R Portable High Speed Derails, Yellow, Right Hand Throw, Blue Derail Flag
898020-601-01R Portable High Speed Derails, Yellow, Right Hand Throw, Blue Derail Flag Included
- Model #: 898020-601-01R
- Derail Color: Yellow
- Derail Direction: Right Hand Throw
- Flag/Staff Color: Blue "Derail" Flag Included
- Weight: 63 lbs.
- Patent Pending #16/556,053
- Covers 75-141lb Rail
- TTCI Testing Derailed Locomotive at 20.8 mph
- Easy Installation
- Can be Padlocked to Rail Head
- Made from High Strength Steel
- Sits 2-7/8” Above Railhead
- Complete with Flag and Staff
- Other Derail Colors Available Upon Request
A derail is a device that will derail any railroad rolling stock, including mainline locomotives. Employees working on or around the track with nearby rolling stock, must be protected by a derail. As the flange of the train wheel comes in contact with the derail, it lifts the wheel and deflects it away from the rail head, and thus, the wheels are halted by becoming imbedded in the track ballast.
Ask our experts about other railroad derail systems we offer...
- Class 1 Automated Derail Systems with camera system and computer control
- Electric Derails
- Hinged Derails
- Portable Derails
- Derail Accessories